Friday, January 23, 2015

"Pursue some path, however narrow and crooked, in which you can walk with love and reverence." 
— Henry David Thoreau

One of the most exquisite of scenes I think I've ever viewed. The perfect time of day and light created this breathtaking back-lit scene that gives way to feeling lost and small in something of a displaced  Japanese garden perhaps.  Just somewhere else bright, exotic and surreal.  Beautiful reflective canyon light bouncing off 3 canyon walls at once.  Soft and warm as the tree mimics the canyon curves perfectly. 


This little slot canyon was dark, narrow and cool. The walls blocked out the sounds and eventually the light. There was a reverence to it as you could only hear the sound of the sand beneath your shoes until you turned around and saw this and all those terms of endearment came boldly flooding in quite irreverently. 

More often that not, what I seek to find via my photographic curiosities leads me to discoveries I'd never dreamed of. This image made the whole trip for me worthwhile.  I forgot I was in search of Fall colors.

 Serendipity.