Friday, June 13, 2014

Intimate Yosemite



Most of my experience as a photographer in the Sonoran Desert and the surrounding landscapes have been with sandstone and red rock canyon walls.  What struck me about my first visit to Yosemite National Park to photograph (I'd been there as a child) was the granite rock faces. 

I thought they were exquisitely beautiful and powerful.  Strong and bold with artistic color variations and hues.  This combination with these ethereal and wispy waterfalls, a juxtaposition of contrasts of soft and strong and light and dark where immensely alluring . 


While iconic with its larger more grandiose classic views, I feel that sometimes these more intimate and personally interpreted views carry so much more power and strength. This shot captures how this area made me feel. Foreboding yet beautiful granite rock faces with delicate and powerful water, ever moving, dancing, eventually returning back to the heavens.