Monday, September 30, 2013

Hold On



Once while hiking in the Narrows of Zion, I had this moment as I was wading upstream in the Virgin River. As the majestic canyon walls towered hundreds of feet high, I was this lone person in this exquisitely beautiful scene. I was very aware of it. 

 I stopped in the middle of the river, feeling the  power of the swift moving current, I turned to look at where I had come from. The scene behind me was so incredibly enchanting it took my breath away.


I stood there and realized my life had become so much bigger than I'd ever expected. I was, in a sense living in a dream. One that I created. Looking behind me, mixed feelings of disbelief and gratitude. A moment alone where you simply smile, not for show or social graces but born out of being simply, happy.  Landscape photography has brought this into my life and made it possible for me to follow my dreams and photograph them also.  



"When you see your ship go sailing
When you feel your heart is breaking
Hold on tight to your dream."
ELO