Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Me








I had a couple of hours to come up with a bio and photo of myself for a photography project I was working on.  Had to be "polished and graphic" for publication purposes. To be truthful, I knew I had to do it but procrastinated hugely as I'm not much into taking my own photo.  I was actually on my way out to hike with my dog and had to turn around when I got an email  to  get it done today.

I completed the task at hand, sent off my bio and photo. My favorite of the self-portraits is this one. To those who have said, 

"Step out from behind that camera!" 

 I say this:  As in life, I've given the camera ( my photography) the spotlight.  





My work says so much more about me than a bio shot ever could.  As in the photo, I see myself as simply the girl behind it all.  I'm not hiding, just content to be quiet, understated, introspective and observing, 

With one eye, I see the world as it is and with the other, I see the world behind the lens. There are two very different worlds I live in.

 The beautiful amber light from the late afternoon sun brings forth the element I cherish and seek to capture, the warm glow of natural light. 

Perfect side light now seen falling on auburn hair, a gift from my mother.  









“She was a beautiful dreamer. The kind of girl, who kept her head in the clouds, loved above the stars and left regret beneath the earth she walked on.” 
― Robert M. Drake