Sunday, October 14, 2012

"Sometimes you find yourself in the middle of nowhere,
and sometimes in the middle of nowhere,
 you find yourself."

My time in Monument Valley was exceptional and left me wanting to explore it even more.I was fortunate enough to get there three times this Summer and got some amazing light, color and clouds as backdrops to beautiful buttes and spires and dramatic monsoon skies.

There is something interesting about Monument Valley that's almost beyond perception and beyond words really. I've thought often about it. Driving away from it a few weeks ago, the lonely highways always make for a time of reflection and so I pondered ... the source of the energy that is felt in the area, the history, the geology, reverent ancient land. 

The imprint of humanity and the generations that felt this area to be sacred I believe are still lovingly palpable as a sense of spirit and love. That aside from the incredible beauty.