Wednesday, October 24, 2012

The Touch Of Autumn


An enchanted world is one that speaks to the soul, to the mysterious depths of the heart and imagination where we find value, love, and union with the world around us"
Thomas More


"Photography is a universal language capable of communicating to wide audience. But photography also is a very personal affair. No two of us approach it exactly the same way. You bring to bear your own personal experiences and influences every time you push the camera's shutter-release button"
Peter Ensenberger
Director of photography for Arizona Highways Magazine for 25 years
From the book: Composing Photos



The journey is always personal. 
Autumn brings with it the excitement of knowing the landscape will be transforming itself like a time lapse view of a watercolor painting in progress. A bit of melancholy knowing it will have a beginning and an end. The grand finale of whole years passing. Like fireworks,
it bursts into scenes of brilliant color and spectacle.

There is a change in the weather, even here in the Sonoran desert, my mornings have cooled a bit and the darkness drags on in those early hours.
People will start burning wood in their fireplaces and the sky will turn moody. Pumpkins adorn the windows and porches, as they also spice up our breads and latte's. The pace of life slows down a bit. The air smells of change entering this new season.

I say it's my favorite time of the year in the Enchanted Forest (West Fork)
because even though
the coloring of the forest is at the least, spectacular...there is such a great emotional aspect
to it. A distinct feel and mood.  There is a glow, a hard to articulate inner warmth that may transcend articulation but nevertheless it's something I feel and in my minds eye, can see.
A metamorphic magic takes place that puts us humans in our place.

I am my photography, we are in essence, one.
It's my vision, It's my emotion, It's my passion. It is a form of
communication, as Peter Ensenberger so aptly put,
 as distinctly mine as my mannerisms and personality.

What drives my passion for photography is being able to
communicate a feeling and when that "glow" can
be felt in my image.  I've said what I have to say.
May the glow of Autumn warm your heart.
 May I share with you, the magic that I feel...
through my photography.